- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Our Data team
This role sits within Dyson's Global Data Services team. This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. As part of the IT organisation, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
About the role
You will have hands-on experience with leveraging data from a wide selection of data sources from different technologies e.g. SQL db, BigQuery, etc., and a keen understanding of data models and ETL processes. Using tools like R, Python, and any visualisation tools (when required), you are able to analyse, model, and visualise data effectively. Ideally you will have an MSc or PhD in a relevant field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics) or similar hands-on experience.
- You will model many of the myriad of data sources available at Dyson. Often using Dyson’s most vast data sets and sometimes making smart decisions on how to best use small data sets from inside or outside the organisation.
- You will apply logical thinking and statistical learning techniques to obtain robust results the business can rely on for critical decisions.
- You will help respond to complex business questions beyond what business intelligence teams are capable of today.
- You will engage with the business and data product managers to shape and refine their questions.
- You will also team up with Data Engineers to get advice and support on accessing data.
- Degree in statistics and practical data analysis experience or an engineering degree with a keen interest in statistics. PhDs are valued, but not strictly needed.
- Scientific approach to solve practical problems, logical thinking. Strong data modelling techniques.
- Passion to understand the business, frame problems, and deliver practical solutions on short time frames
- Self-driven individual with drive to solve customer problems. Team player and good communicator within the team and beyond, capable of building great stories our of sparse data
- Intermediate+ R/Python skills with a focus on statistical and ML packages; Highly proficient in SQL
- Successfully demonstrate a practical experience in applying appropriate techniques that drive additional insights
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to business audiences
- Experience in data cleaning and blending multiple data sources (internally and externally) to drive richer insights
- Data visualization techniques (Shiny, Dash, PyViz,…)
- Familiar with Linux/Unix and shell scripting, experience in cloud computing is a plus
- Self-learner and result driven
- Basic knowledge on how to build data science products in cloud environments
- Ability to interact and collaborate with data engineers and product managers
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.