- Data Science
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
About the roleWe are looking for a Data Scientist to join a growing and highly motivated data science team, in the heart of Dyson’s NPI Design & Product Experience department. Working alongside the Machine Learning Research team and the upstream software teams, the NPI-Data Science team is responsible for exploration of existing datasets, interpreting data from prototypes and investigating new product feature opportunities.
The successful candidate will be working on a range of projects from insight generation informing product design/strategy to identification and prototyping of data led product features. With access to a unique global IoT dataset, this is an opportunity to use and develop leading data techniques/tools in a truly innovative environment.
- Responsible for exploratory data analysis of existing connected products, including generation and test of new hypotheses to continue to challenge our assumptions.
- Interrogate global IoT data to gain insight into behaviours/profiles that help inform future product specifications, strategy and decision making.
- Generate new methods/metrics to measure performance of our connected machines/mobile app and validate the metrics long term efficacy over time.
- Create interactive visualisation tools(such as Dash/Shiny) that enable effective communication with design teams.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior stakeholders and wider project teams.
- Work closely with Data Engineers to continually improving data platform to be capable of meeting our ambitions.
- Collaborate with other research/analysis teams on wider company data initiatives.
- Self-starting and thirsty for knowledge.
- Always looking for better ways to do things and self-improve.
- Working knowledge of statistics, machine learning techniques and data mining methods is essential.
- Demonstrable coding experience in data analysis & model development using Python/R/Matlab on practical application.
- Strong communication skills to tell the story from the data and present findings to project teams & senior stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with large datasets(SQL) & cloud solutions would be beneficial.
- BSc or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematical or relevant scientific discipline.
- Need to be highly numerate with strong pattern recognition ability.
- Experience with geospatial datasets/techniques would be a bonus.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.