- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy – to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson is rapidly expanding in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be a multitude of new machines, new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. Within this function, the Global Experience Studio has the unique mission to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our customers. We create assets and multi-channel journeys that help our customers discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
Data at Dyson
A diverse and collaborative global community spread across Dyson locations from Malmesbury to Chicago, Shanghai to Singapore delivers data and analytics excellence at Dyson. Significant recent investments in people and cloud technologies., combined with an broad scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, data and analytics are recognised throughout the organisation, as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
About the programme
Dyson has embarked on a transformation journey that will deliver a new operating model, processes and technology and enable us to meet the challenges created by our growth ambitions, changing market landscape and fierce competition. Specifically, the Future of Direct & Experience – Data & Content programme will deliver new Marketing Technology systems and transform our Commercial Operations by:
- Consolidating our global content storage into a new, state-of-the-art digital asset management platform
- Delivering a marketing resource management solution that will support optimised content production and delivery processes
- Integrating this content hub with the various content delivery systems to enable a consistent experience across channels
- Integrating our owner data into one location to enable efficient personalized content and journeys to be delivered.
About the role
About the role
The Data Specialist will manage and be responsible for all data activities falling under the responsibility of the business as part of the Future of Direct & Experience – Data & Content programme. Ultimately being responsible for ensuring that the data that underpins our content is structured correctly to enable users to find our content, report on performance and scale our production processes as we further globalize our delivery.
About youKey responsibilities of the role (not limited to):
- Support the development of schema to create a holistic view of marketing content across the business to meet current and future needs
- Support the definition of the metadata schema, data sources and data mapping between source and target systems.
- Will work closely with IT and 3rd party suppliers to ensure that the business requirements are met.
- Manage and deliver against a backlog of data requirements for the delivery of the Marketing Content Hub.
- Work closely with the IT and Business delivery team to define the roadmap and prioritise the backlog to ensure we’re able to deliver based on business priority.
- Works closely with the BA team to create the full product backlog and ensure all business requirements are met within the User Stories and Epics defined by the BAs
- Provides reporting to key team members and senior stakeholders across all of the backlog and project deliverables
- Works with the various insight teams to drive change based on that evidence.
- Responsible for sourcing key content from markets and business users to ensure that migration is possible based on standard ways of working.
- Responsible for working closely with third party supplier to build and deliver against the project plan.
Must have experience of data migration projects for large product based companies.
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays • Pension scheme • Performance related bonus • Private medical insurance• Life assurance • Sport centre • Free on-site parking • Subsidised café and restaurants • Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.