- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Data Visualisation Developer will be a key member of the Analytics and Insight team within Group Finance as we continue to produce insightful visualisations and reporting for the group.
AccountabilitiesAs a Data Visualisation Developer, you are responsible for the delivery of insight and analytics projects from conception through to release. Taking user stories, you will be able to understand the requirement, plan accordingly and deliver innovative visualisations which will enable data-driven decision making.
You will also be responsible for sourcing, modelling and sometimes wrangling with data from a wide variety of platforms such as our core SAP data warehouse and our ever growing enterprise warehouse on Google Cloud Platform.
You will act as SME for Tableau with Group Finance, offering advice and support to colleagues in order to facilitate self-serve and to promote the use of data and analytics.
You will liaise with our partners in Data Engineering, Data Product Management and Data Science to bring data models and data sources to life.
- Manage the delivery of assigned pieces of work within the Finance Analytics and Insight agile methodology.
- Gather user stories, understand the requirement behind them, and design and deliver analytics and reporting solutions from them.
- Create Tableau content that is innovative, performant, delivers insight and embraces best practice.
- Support our estate of analytics content.
- Work with our data services team on the delivery of data products as part of a wider data strategy.
- Champion the use of data and good data visualisation throughout Dyson.
- Act as a Tableau SME within Group Finance, keeping abreast of product development and innovation.
- Support and advise end users within Group Finance with a view to driving self-serve.
- Extensive experience with Tableau or comparable data visualisation tool.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Comfortable working with a range of data platforms including SQL Server, Google BigQuery, SAP BW, SAP HANA.
- Experience working in an agile environment and driving others to do so.
- Comfortable managing delivery of work using tools like JIRA.
- Comfortable wrangling with data and identifying solutions to data problems.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Ability to work with data engineers to develop our enterprise data warehouse.
- Organised, delivery focussed and comfortable working on own initiative.
- Any experience of advanced analytics or knowledge of R and python would be a bonus.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines