- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
The Demand Planning Manager will partner with Dyson Sales, Finance and Marketing, with a focus on improving demand forecast accuracy to help ensure adequate supply levels and timing. This position will coordinate and execute the Monthly S & OP forecast process to ensure key deadlines are met, provide analytical and tactical support of the Annual Budgeting process, and develop and publish ad hoc analysis and reporting to senior leadership to provide actionable insight and support decision making.
AccountabilitiesMain responsibilities include execution of the Monthly S & OP forecast process, which includes base item forecasting, promotional forecasting, and event planning and weekly/monthly performance analysis and insight.
- Support delivery of assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Coordinate monthly account level forecasting process, evaluate and analyse at total company, category and account level and provide insight and recommended actions needed to achieve target levels
- Assist in developing forecasts and executing assortment and promotional effectiveness analysis
- Process and deliver updated demand plan to Supply Planning monthly within designated time frame
- Monitor and report on monthly order tracking vs. forecast and provide required reporting and updates to Dyson US and Group on monthly progress vs. target.
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plan changes and partner with Sales, Marketing and Finance to achieve company's best position
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with internal Dyson teams, current and new.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business
- Create positive working relationships across all levels of the Dyson organization both US and the UK as needed
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the Dyson US organization
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 2-3 years in a Senior Analyst, Merchandise Planner, Demand Planner or 1-2 years in Manager role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
- Prior experience working with Sales, Marketing and/or Finance function is a plus
- Prior Demand Planning and Forecasting experience required
- Prior experience working with key national accounts and/or big box retailers
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.