- Retail Sales
- Hyderabad, India
Dyson is a £4 bn+ global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by Sir James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
As a technology and engineering pioneer, we currently operate in the categories of Floor Care, Environmental Control, Personal Care, Lighting and Professional (‘Airblade’ hand dryers). Dyson invented world’s first bag-less vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology and most recently we launched the Dyson Corrale™ hair straightener.
Dyson files hundreds of patents per year, invests millions in research at leading universities around the world, and has a pipeline of technology stretching 25 years into the future. But it remains family-owned, plotting its own path, not bowing to shareholders or reporting to the stock exchange. All this means more investment in risky, exciting, varied and surprising products for the future.
About the role
- A passion for Dyson technology and understanding of the brand and its machines.
- Proactively approaching customers in store and demonstrating the Dyson product range according to their needs and requirements. Trading up through the product range as appropriate.
- Be confident in public speaking, displaying the ability to carry out workshops in front of large groups.
- Assisting the in Dyson events manager planning, setting up and executing events.
- Championing Dyson category/product within the DTH/Store, working with your Manager to drive sales and interest in your designated area.
- Placing Dyson POS out in store where applicable.
- Checking that all Dyson products are out on display and in working order with the correct price.
- Ensuring a safe shopping environment for our customers
- Ensuring the Dyson machines and display are tidy, clean and ‘shoppable’, ensuring that we maintaining the highest of standards at all points throughout the day.
- Continuously building product knowledge and keeping updated on any product developments within Dyson and our competitors.
- Actively building relationships with the team and the wider support channels to further the success of the Dyson Demo.
- Meeting and exceeding sales, demonstration and targets.
- Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
Ø The role is a pure customer facing role where you would have to interact with the customers to sell Dyson products. You will gain practical knowledge on how to put sales theory to practice. Being face of Dyson, you are expected to give the best customer experience through quality demos.
Ø The role will be based out Direct to Home teams or Dyson store or Dyson owned Kiosks. The Demo Expert will play crucial part in maintaining in-store branding & carving out business for Dyson in such a competitive space.
Ø Excellent English communication skills, adapting your style to suit the customer and their needs
Ø Be able to provide excellent customer service that goes above and beyond, solving problems that other retailers ignore
Ø A passion for technology and understanding how things work
Ø Strong influencing, relationship building and fact finding skills
Ø Creative and innovative – able to think differently and work off own initiative
Ø Proven ability to hit targets and exceed results through delivering great customer service
Ø Experience in demonstrating a product or bringing a new product to market
Ø Able to work effectively as a team member
Ø Strong interpersonal skills
Ø Can easily adapt to change in process and ways of working
BenefitsBest in Class
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.