- Product Design
- United Kingdom
As a Design Engineer within New Product Innovation (NPI) you will be a crucial member of a dynamic team to help meet and exceed the requirements of our products. Working closely with our RDD teams to create and develop new technology research into our innovative designs.
- Designers will be expected to initiate new product concepts and ideas and identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper.
- Take responsibility for creating and owning vision specification and business case for new product concepts
- Produce working concepts for reviews with the use of handmade or prototype parts.
- Keep a Design Rationale document or similar up to date showing the detail design process of your designs with good technical justifications.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Sound understanding of basic physical principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Proven ability to communicate through a variety of media
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven experience of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance ? Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines