- Competitive + benefits
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Working within the dynamic Body Exterior team the Advanced Design Engineer will create concepts, design studies, lead the design, package and release exterior parts, rear vision system. They will support test and development from concept to production. Working to the program milestones for virtual engineering releases and physical parts on cost, time and mass targets to excellent quality.
- Create exterior parts utilising the latest construction techniques and lightweight material technologies.
- Own components and sub-systems and ensure requirements and target specifications for function, cost and weight are achieved, reporting up as required.
- Create CAD concepts, parts and assemblies to production intent designs, global regulations, geometric tolerances, manufacturing requirements and internal standards using NX and releasing in TCe.
- Support CAD releases and reviews to program milestones, ensuring completion and release on time with quality.
- Optimise and validate designs with simulation, liaising with CAE colleagues and using real world tools.
- Support test, development, validation and vehicle build events.
- Work within the body engineering team and with other X-function areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- Run system DFMEAs, FMA, DVP, testing and support APQP.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Experience of automotive or other relevant engineering.
- Proven experience and understanding of exterior part design and development from concept to production.
- Knowledge of exterior rear view system best practices, materials, manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms, exterior systems design and development experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally, to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams often in high-pressure situations.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude.
- PC literacy, MS Project, excel, power point, word and excellent team-working skills.
- CAD design and engineering experience using NX or similar CAD tools will be looked upon favourably.
- Experience of DFM and methodical problem solving skills.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines
And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.