- $ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson has an opportunity for Design Engineers to join their growing automotive group, based at their Electric Vehicle manufacturing facility in Singapore. These Design Engineers will design and release component 3D geometry and GD&T drawings, from concept through to final engineering release, working to the program milestones and timing.
- Create fully detailed 3D part CAD; from concept to production intent designs, to global regulations, geometric tolerances, manufacturing requirements and internal standards using NX and releasing in TCe.
- Perform engineering design work relating to configuring, deploying, maintaining and updating CAD models.
- Produce designs that meet targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety and legislation.
- Create and release 3D & 2D GD&T drawings of production intent parts and assemblies to Dyson and British standards using NX and releasing in TCe.
- Support CAD releases and reviews to program milestones, ensuring modelling is completed and released on time with quality. Generation of design proposals and reports as required.
- Optimise and validate designs with simulation, liaising with CAE colleagues and using real world tools.
- Support test, development, validation and local vehicle build events as required.
- Work within the wider engineering team, and with other X-functional areas both internal and external, to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and standards.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- High level of CAD design and engineering experience using NX or similar CAD tools. (Min. 3yrs experience).
- Product development capable with a high level of spatial awareness, and comfortable integrating engineering feasibility into CAD.
- Knowledge and experience of dimensional control and tolerancing components at part level, through sub assembly levels and final assembly level.
- Experience of DFM and methodical problem solving skills.
- Able to demonstrate independent creative flair to solve complex interface design challenges and willing to own CAD issue resolution.
- Ability to implement innovative design thinking into robust product designs.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriately detailed, but concise and accurate fashion.
- Experience and understanding of automotive systems, engineering principles and part development from concept to production would be beneficial, particularly in the areas of: Body engineering (structure, closures and exteriors), Interiors (including trim materials, manufacturing methods and assembly processes), Environmental control (including “HVAC”, air flow and air quality).
- Knowledge of automotive best practices, materials, manufacturing requirements, assembly processes, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms.