- SGD Competitive Salary
- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
- Design and develop solutions, mainly in plastic, rubber and metal parts
- Cross team work with tooling, validation, material, performance team to assess the design component.
- To generate input for DFMEA, PFMEA via limit rig testing.
- Design for Manufacturing – such as generate Poke Yoke feature, tolerance stacking.
- To perform p art approval process, including spray painted part.
- To buy off test rig, production jig setup
- Report design status and brief development time plan.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to help meet or exceed the requirements of our products
- Deliver design solutions that ensure safety and reliability of our products
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively the results and project status between all relevant teams
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept and proof of principle through to developed prototypes and production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Deliver designs, concepts and detailed ideas that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
- Design Engineer with up to 5 years of experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Product design background will be advantage.
- Able to do hand sketch.
- Able to work independently.
- Possess knowledge of injection moulding and metal stamping will be advantage.
- CAD experience ( NX, solidwork or autocad )
- Able to travel in short notice if require
- Good in communication and presentation skill.
- Creative and love to think out of the box