- United Kingdom
• Deliver design solutions that: are based on sound engineering analysis and validated with robust testing, Satisfy product life and quality specifications. and are innovative with high-value IP.
• Be responsible for delivering parts and assemblies from concept to manufacture with a strong delivery focus. DFMEA, DFA etc
• Produce 3D CAD models, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for components and assemblies.
• Deliver concepts and prototypes for airflow system components that meet specification and are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing.
• Understand and apply engineering analysis and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
• Work cross team to ensure product performance, packaging and assembly requirements are met.
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices.
• Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation.
A degree in a relevant engineering, science or product design discipline with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical or aero-acoustic systems.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
•Ability to use 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages.
•Enthusiasm for a design → build → test → iterate, design process.
•An ability to demonstrate a thorough, logical approach to problem solving.
•Knowledge of tolerance-stack analysis.
•Design for plastic injection moulding manufacturing.
•Experience delivering products to the production phase.
•Data analysis with MATLAB/Excel/Python etc.
•Experience in automotive HVAC design.
•Experience using Siemens NX CAD software.
•FEA analysis using ANSYS workbench.
•Knowledge of engineering disciplines such fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, acoustics, CFD, mechatronics.
•Experience of air flow measurement techniques.
•Design of experiments or Six Sigma methodology.
•Experience working directly with suppliers
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Pension scheme •Performance related bonus
•Life assurance • Free on-site parking
•Subsidized café •Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental