- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
Global Technology Development is a diverse group of curious, world class engineering specialists. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products are on the edge of what’s possible. We operate across different technologies, categories and locations but we’re united, highly collaborative and influential. We pride ourselves on our integrity, honesty and transparency and these traits are at the core of our interactions with the rest of the Dyson world. We have global opportunities and a personal development culture. We focus on growing our technical experts and our leaders of tomorrow.
Based in our new facility in Senai, our Design Engineers will play a key role in bringing proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in Materials Science, Fluid Dynamics and Structural Analysis, this team will design and develop new technology – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solution
AccountabilitiesOur Design Engineers will drive the design and development of core Dyson technology, taking output from Research and developing all the way to start of mass production. They do this through:
- Create & manage Bill of Spec & Bill of Materials
- Design solutions, on 3D CAD and 2D drawings
- Manage and mitigate the technical risk, through DFMEA
- Identify and resolve design and engineering issues, through root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Release design though change management
- Build & test prototypes
- Review performance, risks & issues.
The design engineers also provide engineering support for ongoing production, introducing new variants, troubleshooting production issues, and implementing reliability cost improvements.
- Degree from a Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering discipline
- Broad mechanical engineering skills, with a solid understanding of electrical engineering & heat transfer
- Capable of producing 3D CAD & 2D drawings, to a high standard, preferably in NX
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Solid understanding of how to design for production variation, and capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Confident and competent in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- A working knowledge of metrology and how to design for measurement.
- Influencing & collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
- Tools & processes
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- TeamCentre lifecycle management