- Competitive + Benefits
- Wiltshire, Hullavington - United Kingdom
- Provide CAD support to the Closures group, creating high quality CAD models and typical sections from concept design through to final math and GD&T releases.
- Lead the CAD design for a system or within the group as it expands, ensure modelling is completed to the required standards in Unigraphics NX and released in Teamcenter.
- Take responsibility for creating Closures concepts.
- Work within Body & Closures and with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- Work to program CAD release milestones, support CAE analysis requirements and virtual reviews.
What You Will Need:
A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
Experience of Unigraphics NX, ideally within an automotive environment.
Experience of complete design and development, preferably vehicle design.
Proven experience of design from concept to final release.
- Experience of using processes and tools such as Failure Mode Avoidance, Design For Assembly.
- Competent in modelling panels and integrating to other components and assemblies.
- Knowledge of closures and hardware design would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of materials and manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms.
- Ability to lead other designers in modelling techniques and standards.
Experience of system DFMEA, PFMEA, design verification planning, testing and quality planning processes.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines