- MYR Competitive Salary
- Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Senai, Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved.
- Ambitions problem solver, design and develop products / technologies that to meet or exceed technical specification, cost, time, safety, reliability and quality requirements.
- Enjoy challenges and ability to use a blend of software, electronics, mechanical and control system expertise to problem solving and offer innovative solution to technical challenges on day to day basis.
- Enthusiastic in design, develop and built a working prototype rig at early stage of design and development to demonstrate solutions to particular issues that to be resolve. Accept failure and learn from failure.
- Collaboration with manufacturing, quality as well as contract manufacturer teams and provides support to the manufacturing related activities to ensure high quality products are delivered to end customers.
- Work closely and team up with several of engineers and specialists from all technical discipline around the globe to ensure solution obtained meet product requirements. Optimistic, candor and positive mind-set to accept criticism.
- Take an active role as a key driver to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods; development of new test method might require when necessary.
- Adoption of the established Dyson cultures, design methodology, engineering best practices& discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe; time management is crucial.
- Collaboration with global RDD team efficiently and effectively to ensure accurate hand-over of knowledges, tasks and actively participates in design review including with executives.
- Good Degree (3.0 or higher) qualified in an Engineering or science discipline, preferably mechatronics, electromechanical, mechanical, product design
- Minimum 3 years working experience in product design environment – direct involvement in plastic part design, tooling, plastic injection molding process, assembly process, tolerance analysis, statistical process control, experience of mechatronics and control system design.
- Good knowledge of statistical tool, analysis and technique, DOE, root cause analysis and etc.
- Basic knowledge of control system.
- Basic knowledge of electromechanical or mechatronic components.
- Basic knowledge of basic programming, C++, Visual Basics, labview, MATLAB etc.
- Good communication skill. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good experience in product R&D, familiar with product development processes and best practice.
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics), GD&T and technical drawing.
- Good knowledge of plastic, metal or engineering materials and its application.
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes and techniques, tooling, plastic injection molding & etc.
- Good understanding of prototyping, product verification testing and hands-on problem solving.
- Strong ability to plan, priorities and co-ordinate with work of others.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to apply statistical tool, analysis and technique for problem root cause analysis and provide tangible solution for decision making.
- Responsible for managing the self-performance and a small team within own function, driving team engagement, way of working, supporting individual development and team player.
- You’re driven, confident and ambitious. You take responsibility and accountability and are willing to take on a challenge.