- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re engineers, creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products & technologies for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, you will have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better.
- Support with creation of specifications and requirements definition and rationalization, test methods development verification and validation process.
- Delivery and planning of Design tasks based on agreed deliverables and decisions need to be made prior to it.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to support the vision specification for new product concepts
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Prepare documents and progress overview for a regular design reviews with the Design Manager, Engineering Manager and RDD Director – justify design detail and collaborate with other specialists.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Basic previous experience in product’s design for manufacturing and practical knowledge of 3D CAD
- Sound understanding and knowledge of physical and mechanical principles.
- A pragmatic, practical and methodical design development skills through prototyping, testing and evaluation of results
- Basic knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding, tooling and other manufacturing methods.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise your tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines