- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As Design Engineer for our New Category team with New Product Development you will be designing and development brand new technologies on exciting new products.
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of all Dyson products.
- Work with RDD teams to create/integrate & develop new technology research into the final design.
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe.
- Maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate handovers.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Prepare for design/Research reviews & participate in as required.
- Mentor graduates/new team members.
- Own/contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of product R&D.
- Sound understanding of basic physical principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing.
- Proven ability to communicate through a variety of media.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines