- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Design Engineer within New Product Development team in the Environmental Control category . The main objectives of this role is to support the development of Mechanical Systems (typically motor and drives assemblies), scope out and define product specifications and develop prototypes and carry out testing to determine concept feasibility and mitigate project risk.
- Create mechanical prototypes in a dynamic, fast and iterative way
- Expand and develop mechanical capability within the team.
- Research, prototype, and refine designs to solve engineering challenges
- Communicate between all teams within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input
- Participate in design reviews with Senior Design Engineers, Design Managers and Engineering Managers – justify design detail and collaborate with other specialists
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong Mechanical Product Development experience
- Sound appreciation for GD&T
- Good familiarity with 3D CAD (preferable NX)
- Understanding of basic electrical circuitry and prototype electronics considered a bonus
- Committed to quality work • Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Strong project management capabilities
- Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business
- A passion for engineering. Able to demonstrate how your ideas have made a difference
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines