- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role
We are looking for Product Design Engineers to join our multi-disciplined team to work on our next generation of Haircare products. At Dyson we develop new technologies to dry and style hair, solving problems that others ignore. Our Haircare engineering team has been the driving force behind our success with recent products such as Supersonic & Airwrap, joining the team will give you the opportunity to be a significant part of the next generation of products.
We work as a collaborative team with disciplines focused on end style performance, user experience, structural integration, airflow, heat and power delivery systems. We are solving problems for people globally and we design for a diverse range of user needs and hair types. We user trial, research and design in order to develop prototypes, test rigs and test methods that demonstrate our technology, intuitive features and performance deliver a truly authentic and better design.
- Support with creation of specifications, requirements definition and rationalisation, test methods development verification and validation process.
- Delivery and planning of design tasks based on agreed deliverables and decisions need to be made prior to it.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to support the vision specification for new product concepts.
- Runs user trials and user studies to validate the product requirements.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Prepare documents and progress overview for a regular design reviews with the Design Manager, Engineering Manager and RDD Director – justify design detail and collaborate with other specialists.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Product Design or equivalent.
- Basic previous experience in product’s design for manufacturing and practical knowledge of 3D CAD.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of physical, mechanical and electronic principles.
- A pragmatic, practical and methodical design development skills through prototyping, testing and evaluation of results.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding, tooling and other manufacturing methods.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise your tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working closely with electronics and electronic systems desired.
- Basic coding skills and knowledge of system engineering desired.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- sport centre
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical & Dental insurance
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.