- MYR Competitive
- Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet all performance and functional criteria
Ensure the safety and reliability of all Dyson products
Work with Research Design Development teams to create/integrate & develop new technology research into the final product design.
Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods
Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe
Work and maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate information captured and future handovers.
Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
Prepare for design/research reviews & participate in discussion as required
Mentor graduates/new team members
Owning/contribute to team/departmental level initiatives & participate in change projects
- Good Degree (3.0 or higher) qualified in an Engineering or science discipline, preferably mechatronics, electromechanical, mechanical, product design
- Minimum 2 years working experience in product design environment – direct involvement in plastic part design, tooling, plastic injection molding process, assembly process, tolerance analysis, statistical process control, experience of mechatronics and control system design.
- Good knowledge of statistical tool, analysis and technique, DOE, root cause analysis and etc.
- Basic knowledge of control system.
- Basic knowledge of electromechanical or mechatronic components.
- Basic knowledge of basic programming, C++, Visual Basics, labview, MATLAB etc.
- Good communication skill. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good experience in product R&D, familiar with product development processes and best practice.
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics), GD&T and technical drawing.
- Good knowledge of plastic, metal or engineering materials and its application.
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes and techniques, tooling, plastic injection molding & etc.
- Good understanding of prototyping, product verification testing and hands-on problem solving.
- Strong ability to plan, priorities and co-ordinate with work of others.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to apply statistical tool, analysis and technique for problem root cause analysis and provide tangible solution for decision making.
- You’re driven, confident and ambitious. You take responsibility and accountability and are willing to take on a challenge.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*