- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson are looking for an excellent & driven Design Manager to develop innovative upstream designs of our products. Working in the Design & Product Experience team, you will be designing products for our existing and future categories, formulating a Dyson ‘world class’ product experience. As Design Manager you will lead a growing design team of eight, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
- Experience with hands on Design, creating innovative, different, exciting designs for our future products.
- Owning the look and feel of our products from concept to production.
- Work hand-in-hand with the VP-NPI, in close collaboration with the New Product Innovation teams and Research Design Development in the UK, initiating early stage design and design development.
- You will generate ideas that are both product-enhancing and innovative.
- You will be able to bring your ideas and designs to life through sketching, illustration, renders and physical prototype rigs
- You will work alongside other leads in the Design & Product Experience team that manage the HMI, Connected Features and Modelmaking teams and promote world-leading design & experience consistency across these disciplines.
- Managing and mentoring a growing design team of eight, working across CMF, visual form, physical user interactions and structural packaging, while maintaining the look & feel of a Dyson product.
- A degree in industrial design or equivalent
- Previous experience with a Senior Design position
- Excellent design skills – acquired in product design and/or automotive environment
- Self-driven and hands on designer with ability to work independently and manage a team
- Technical and personal credibility to lead effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Software Tools – Adobe, Solidworks, Rhion 3D, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, 3D CAD, KeyShot
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Comfortable with ‘failure’ in the context of multiple iterations of testing and learning.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – taking ownership of projects and at the same time being objective and responsive to feedback.
- Possess a good understanding of various production processes & engineering processes – how they influence design and fabrication.
- A creative designer who is always looking to improve a product
- Ability to understand a layout and technical constraints quickly in order to suggest the appropriate course of action
- Ability to run a disciplined, highly motivated team
- Product minded – your main focuses are always on the product and the user experience
- Excellent communicator and both verbally, graphically and through use of sketches
- A great eye for detail and a sensitivity to the visual aspects of a product
- Assertive and diplomatic - a great collaborator
- Ability to travel if required.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines