- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s Global Communications Team is charged with storytelling on a global scale, bringing to life Dyson technology, products, people, places and the company philosophy. The department is responsible for public relations, public affairs, internal communications and the James Dyson Award – our international design award for students of design and engineering.
Our Communications strategy focuses on authentically explaining our technology, the problems it solves, and how it intersects with improving the lives of our owners. With an increasing focus on storytelling through a multi-channel format covering traditional and social media, the objective is to build a positive Dyson reputation synonymous with technology, quality and class leading performance.
AccountabilitiesWhat you'll be doing -
· Build Dyson brand knowledge to become a guardian of our reputation, both in terms of the files we supply and files returned for proofing via vendors/third parties
· Produce creative files using InDesign, ensuring consistent use of type, grid and layout across traditional print/2D formats, through to large format and some digital formats
· Complete work within the timelines agreed, adhering to the schedules developed for production, providing accurate timing updates during weekly status meetings
· Help define and contribute to effective production quality control processes
· Take responsibility for approving and signing off files for quality and accuracy, both pre and post production
· Committed to developing skill base and technical knowledge of system software used on a day-to-day basis to ensure we are following best practice. – Attend training courses as required.
· Have a thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of the Dyson product range in order to fully understand the context of any work produced
· Build and maintain thorough knowledge of the Censhare Asset Management system. Training will be given.
SkillsWhat we'd like to see from you -
· Hold a degree at 2:1 or above in a design related field or previous creative experience
· You will need to demonstrate a strong technical understanding of typography and grid systems, this is (essential)
· You will need a thorough and complete understanding of pre-press and print process
· You will have excellent knowledge and expertise using the full Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
· It would be advantageous if you had some knowledge of moving image software (Final Cut Pro/Premiere/After Effects/Flash)
· You will need good technical knowledge of print and production, including proofing systems (GMG) and colour calibration, colour calibration and repro separations
· The ability to drive projects from brief through to implementation
· It goes without saying, you will need strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise in the face of many immediate demands
· You will need to be a problem solver, take a proactive approach to your work – always looking for ways to improve
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Vigilant editing skills
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company bonus (paid annually)
- Pension scheme
- Private medical and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants