- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Alabang, Muntinlupa, Philippines
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer in the RDD Software Tools & Process Team you will be responsible for the definition and development of SW solutions for our tools and services within our CI pipeline. Our SW development environment must be kept up to date with the latest tools and services that support our product delivery & business processes, as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions.
The successful applicant will work to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the SW organisation across multiple sites in UK & SEA. You will report to the Tools & Process technical lead, working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the Software organisation, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
- Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics.
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent, and the solution intent information models and documentation requirements.
- Operate within an economic framework when analysing the impact of design decisions.
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning, System and Solution Demos.
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of enablers to evolve solution intent, working directly with Agile teams to implement them.
- Investigation, definition and management of Atlassian configurations and integrations.
- Develop scripts to automate management of the tool/system and links with other systems.
- 2+ years of Atlassian experience using JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket & Bamboo.
- Developer experience working on Python, C/C++, Docker & Linux/RHEL
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / PostgreSQL databases, JAVA / Tomcat applications, Ubuntu / Red Hat / CentOS, Open Source Configuration, Python/Bash scripting, Version Control - Git/SVNWorking, Artifactory, Sonarqube, BlackDuck, Google Test, Ceedling.
- Demonstrates Agile/Scrum methodologies & experience of working in Continuous Delivery teams.
- Manage time effectively, meets deadlines, and achieves objectives.
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to share your skills with others.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for technology and an ability to adopt quickly.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, allowances and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.