- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the roleWe’re looking for a Mid-weight Copywriter to work in the Digital Demand team in the Commercial COE EMEA. Reporting to the EMEA Head of Delivery and matrixed to the Global Head of Copy, you’ll be responsible for creating new copy across a wide variety of digital communications, including working with UX teams and managing enhancements to our website. You’ll be a creative thinker, yet also pragmatic at bringing campaigns to life.
You may be a middleweight writer wanting to move into a dynamic, fast-paced role with a leading technology company, or a junior writer looking to make the next step into a mid-weight position.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Interrogate creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about.
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless campaigns.
- Build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves.
- Contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin.
- Take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to production.
- Share your knowledge within the Copy team and the wider business, to constantly improve copy at Dyson.
- 3+ years of experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record as a freelance writer, preferably with experience of writing technology copy.
- An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Experience of working on digital and print campaigns.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail.
- Knowledge of SEO and understanding of performance and analytical tools.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication.
- Company Pension scheme - Employer contribution: 7.5% of pension base
- Life Assurance
- Company Fitness plan
- Language courses
- Discount on Dyson products
- 29 days annual holiday (+ 10 public holidays, if they fall on the weekend they do not carry forward)
- Statutory leave entitlements:
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Parental Leave
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.