- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Creative, Marketing
- Chicago - USA
Dyson has a regional creative department that brings to life the global approach to communication at the regional level and executes market-driven campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our campaign team within the Center of Excellence for the Americas. The content created within the regions is data-driven, user-centric, always-on and relatable to consumers across the Americas – US, Canada and Mexico. Dyson is seeking a digital designer to contribute to the company’s digital content marketing activities.
The position reports into the Americas Creative Director, and requires someone who has exceptional digital design skills for web development as well as social and digital advertising campaigns.
You’ll partner with other creatives, content strategists and UX designers to design memorable experiences that engage audiences at any point in their journey across our Direct and controlled digital channels.
- Partner with Product Owners, the COE and UK Creative Teams to support the creative execution of our direct value propositions and enhancements online.
- Work closely with the COE Content Strategist, UX Designer, Direct (.com) team, cross-functional teams, Copywriter and Content Maker to creatively understand market insights, identify key problem areas in our digital journeys, design and iterate creatively brilliant tests to optimize content, campaign effectiveness and user engagement.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the design digital experiences.
- Ensure all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand & design guidelines.
- Work with other creatives to brainstorm and share ideas.
- Demonstrate creative thinking that takes already established strategies and translates them into dynamic digital creative executions.
- Work with dedicated digital developers to ensure the execution of final design and interactions into build are understood and pixel perfect across all digital platforms.
- Confidently present your work with clarity to relevant stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of the digital landscape – explore ideas of advancements in technology and design, trends in social and connected products etc.
- Continuous development and honing of the technical abilities relevant to the role.
- 1-3 years’ experience of working as part of a wider team to deliver digital journeys, all of which is demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work for leading or interesting brands.
- Experience designing responsive digital content that works across different devices (mobile, tablets, apps), as well as a good understanding of which platform works best for any given requirement.
- Big picture thinker with an understanding of how digital creative connects to other media channels and forms a joined-up, compelling customer experience.
- Eye for detail, composition and typography matter as much to you as they would a print designer.
- Understanding of information architecture, with the ability to demonstrate user interface design skills.
- Basic programming and development skills are an advantage in informing the work produced and facilitating the transition from design to build.
- Excited by all things art and design, taking inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilizing found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support thinking and add weight to ideas.
- Active contributor in group brainstorms who is comfortable expressing ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design, Bachelor of Design, or Bachelor of Science in Design is desired.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.