- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Our Team:Dyson is growing new product categories and we are looking to build out a new team to support our ambitions. This team will look at building products based using the Android platform. Over time the team will grow in the UK, Philippines, and Singapore. We all come from a variety of educational backgrounds and experience levels; not all of us are computer science graduates. We believe that teams composed of people from diverse backgrounds are more successful and innovative.
Our teams have the autonomy to manage their own work using Scrum or Kanban frameworks, each honing their ways of working through regular retrospectives and knowledge sharing. We all share a commitment to creating high-quality code, and engineers choose to follow practices such as pair programming, mobbing, and test-driven development. We also regularly share our knowledge and interests peer-to-peer through ‘community meetings’, which have led to the adoption of new technologies and improved cross-team collaboration.
We often need to interact with people from different parts of the business, such as embedded software and the cloud teams, so we plan in 5-sprint ‘increments’, based on the best bits of the Scaled Agile Framework. This gives us more visibility of upcoming work while remaining responsive and allows us to collaborate effectively with other teams within our 15,000-person organisation.
Mutual trust and respect between team members is important to build a supportive environment where people can do their best work.
About the roleKey responsibilities:
- Work with New Product Innovation teams, electronics and systems architects to understand early stage product and feature propositions and capture in user stories, alongside early UX and non-functional specifications.
- You will become the domain expert for your area of Android Feature development
- You’ll work from the perspective of our owners to represent their needs to the development team, balancing this with business requirements
- You’ll help to build and prioritise the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders using Atlassian Tools.
- You’ll work to align your team’s delivery plans with wider integration plans across the wider Dyson Research Design & Development organisation as well as external development partners.
- Clarification and refinement of user stories and non-functional requirements with the dev. team
- You will champion Lean & Agile practices, supporting teams as we continually look to improve flow
- You will gather data and analytics from multiple sources to allow to you to prioritise your roadmap and make data driven decisions.
- You’ll provide concise reporting on product roadmap planning and delivery.
About youQualifications and skills:
- A successful product owner, technical product owner or product manager with experience in software delivery, preferably with some experience of working with hardware.
- Significant experience working in an Agile team as a Scrum Product Owner.
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Effective communicator - concise and timely communication, managing facts and emotion
- Global collaborator - open minded to ideas from other perspectives
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
- A Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification
- A passion for Android, Apps, Data, IoT & software which makes people’s lives easier
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux and Realtime operating systems
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.)
- Knowledge of electronics and/or communications protocols
- Ability to Model complex problems and use cases in Enterprise Architect using UML
Benefits27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidaysPension schemePerformance related bonusPrivate medical insuranceLife assuranceSport centreFree on-site parkingSubsidised café and restaurantsDiscounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.