- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson GB has been growing at an aggressive rate in past years. 2020 and beyond will bring new challenges to Dyson GB as we continue to focus on our growth ambition, whilst also needing to transform the categories, brand communication and organisation.
In the past 18 months, Dyson GB significantly ramped our digital marketing investment and performance. This has prompted the creation of a new digital focused function within GB Marketing, responsible for both paid and owned experiences.
The Digital Marketing Manager with work closely
with the Senior Digital Marketing manager to help shape our digital marketing
strategy, whilst playing an instrumental role in shaping GB digital marketing
plans and execution. The role will work across functions to ensure best in
class paid media and a consistent owner and shopper experience across all Dyson
Main Areas of Focus:
This role sits within the GB Digital Marketing team, and will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
The GB Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Digital planning and buying; you’ll be the digital marketing expert, working alongside Dyson brand category managers and our media agency to translate briefs into best in class digital media plans, fully integrated with traditional media. Includes; Social, programmatic display, OLV. Point of view on new digital media recommendations such as new ad types or channels.
- Full funnel thinking; whilst DO is managed by performance media, this role will have a POV on driving performance and success against KPIs through full funnel.
- Media Agency; You’ll support our category teams in the day to day optimisation and tracking of digital media execution, providing insights and recommendations to achieve media objectives / goals.
- Measurement and reporting; Ensure appropriate measurement of effectiveness of category creation digital marketing activities including social, programmatic, display and search. Ensure top level digital performance is communicated to the wider business, and CoE team. On-going tracking and campaign spend management to ensure all activity is not only on time, but within budget.
- Digital integration; work with multiple functions to integrate digital planning; brand, performance media, comms, Social Media, web team, creative…
- Align digital touchpoints; work with both Direct and 3rd Party Customer Marketing to align digital media plans, and ensure best Dyson experience for owners and shoppers
- Manage Digital Marketing Exec
Digital maturity; Work with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager in developing and deploying the Digital Marketing strategy for the local market across all online channels to increase the utilisation of data to scale digital media
Media Planning & Buying – work with our media agency to implement the digital Marketing strategy to meet clearly defined commercial objectives.
Execution & Budget Management – work with our media agency team to achieve KPI, with documented reasons for the allocation of spend by activity type and time and with clear ROI objectives and measurement for each activity. Manage spend to within budget & maintain clear records
Full funnel thinking (working with performance media manager on DO)
Ensure campaign integration, both digital and alignment to traditional media
Work closely with web team to understand and optimise digital user journeys
Work with Direct and 3rd Party Retail team to provide oversight and alignment of digital activities, data and reporting
Delivering an audience first approach to planning and execution, understanding and articulating the importance of audience targeting and management through funnel
Demonstrate an understanding of the Google Marketing Platform and how they play a role in achieving awareness, consideration and sales targets
Understanding of online attribution methodologies to inform media planning
Surfaces insights and learnings to share with the business on a monthly and quarterly basis
Builds a good relationship with Google and Facebook to maximise platform capabilities
Trends – Keep abreast of changing media consumption trends and purchasing patterns to ensure the GB business continues to transform its growth in its direct business and is equipped to deal with long term transition from bricks and mortar retailers to omni-channel retailers. Review new technologies and keep on top of new digital marketing trends and opportunities. Support the step up and launch where appropriate.
- Have minimum 4 years proven digital marketing experience in relevant fields (social, programmatic, brand, agency)
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Passionate about online & the opportunities it brings to drive brand awareness
- Proven experience leading and collaborating within cross-discipline teams and agency partners
- Previous experience of managing sizable media budgets
- Demonstrable strategic & analytical capabilities
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to flex between analytical and creative thinking
- Strong working knowledge of the social media platforms
- Enjoys working in a fast paced & ever-changing environment
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible
- Career ambitious team player who is flexible and willing to go beyond job description
- Pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports Centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines