- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Five years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of health and personal care with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer and since then bringing new pioneering Personal Care machines to market through Dyson Airwrap and Dyson Coralle.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
About the roleOur mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our Owners. We create assets and journeys that help Owners discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
We also plan the Mission teams, resourcing them with the right talent, running the PMO, structuring the governance, reporting and prioritizing projects.
The Digital Planning Lead role is a key part of the Planning & PMO leadership team. Responsible for capturing, rationalising and managing all Digital Project Demand globally, as well as collaborating with all digital demand generating teams, managing markets and stakeholders and running of the weekly digital forum. The successful candidate will also work closely with our four Centres of Excellence (CoEs) globally, ensuring processes are followed and the overall view of digital demand is clearly captured and communicated.
The Digital Planning Lead will own and manage the prioritisation of all global digital demand, including Group Scrum Teams and Hogarth. This includes overseeing the CoEs, and working closely with our Digital Delivery team and our Agile Delivery Lead (ADL) who own the Digital Delivery. The successful candidate will also own each individual prioritisation matrix, for each scrum team, and will contribute to the sprint planning from a prioritisation perspective. The Delivery part of sprint planning is owned by the ADLs, leading to a strong collaboration requirement between Digital Planning and Delivery teams.
These solutions power our growth and deliver world class experience that engage our Owners ensuring that they repeat purchase.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with Group Commercial, CoE and Market stakeholders, in order to be able to communicate across all levels of the business and, as part of the Planning and PMO leadership team, benchmarking our Digital Planning offering against other Planning functions within Dyson.
Reporting into the Global Planning and PMO Director, the two of you will form a solid strategic alliance that ensures that the agile, mission-based design is governed and run in a way that meets Dyson’s iterative and unique development framework.
Day to Day
Your role will be hands-on. You’ll liaise with key business stakeholders, and enforce adherence to the process, governance frameworks and agile ways of working. You will ensure that the relevant forums are constructive and collaborative.
In the day to day your tasks will include:-
- Capturing & Prioritising Digital Demand globally
- Own the review scheduling for our UX/UI team across all digital demand
- Own, iterate and update the Digital Processes
- Resource management across all Group scrum teams every 2 weeks
- Collation of overall digital demand reports each week
- Management of digital demand team meetings (quarterly) alongside UX/UI
- Ownership, allocation and forecasting of Digital budget
- Close and daily collaboration with the Digital Delivery Lead in production
- Stakeholder management across Group Commercial, Markets and CoEs
You will be a key member of the Planning and PMO leadership team and will need to work cross functionally to achieve the best results. You will work with the following teams.
- Digital Delivery Team. Owners of all Digital Delivery
- Resource Team. Part of the Planning and PMO team, responsible for Mission team resourcing, against captured and prioritised demand.
- Group Commercial Demand Generating Teams, CoE and Market teams. Our internal customers you’ll work with to inform and train on processes.
- 7+ in managing Digital Teams & Projects
- Strong proven capability to prioritise, manage process and solve complex problems
- A positive and impactful communicator with excellent negotiation & influencing skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Passion for Digital and the role it plays in driving business growth.
- Highly-organised with proven experience in Agile/Scrum, project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.