- Tokyo - Japan
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bugless vacuum cleaner launched within Japan in 1983 to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better technology.
Dyson launched in Japan during 1983, with the first ever Dyson vacuum produced, named G-Force. Fast forward 36 years and the team in Japan have grown to over 100, with offices in central Tokyo and a number of physical Dyson Demo Stores across Japan. In the coming years Dyson Japan is set to significantly increase the direct to consumer business both physical and digital. Despite significant growth we are still entrepreneurial at heart and are all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do.
The Direct business epitomises the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, creative, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We are working to build Dyson’s own retail business from the ground up: building systems, capability and profitable long term business plans that will transform the Owner Experience and the Dyson business. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people in a fluid, matrix structure and being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
About the role
1. Delivery of unit volume, sales revenue, gross margin account & activity plan
Work with senior stakeholders to develop an annual | monthly account plan that holistically captures the key strategic aims and outputs for Dyson as a direct retailer across multiple categories and channels.
Work with Direct channel leads to deliver an annual | monthly account activation plan and forecast that accounts for sales trends, promotions, seasonality, supply chain, New product development and product exits etc to achieve business targets.
Understand and maximise channel & category profitability through the regular use of a margin tracker and make recommendation as applicable on channel prioritisation to maximise gross margin opportunities. Act as first point of contact for channel leads on intra-channel challenges (EG: Inventory) and partner with finance to identify a balanced solution for channel and overall business growth.
Work with channel leads to understand and embed ecommerce equation building blocks into account plans as required – Traffic, Conversion, and Average Value. Work closely with Business IntelligenceI and channel owner teams to monitor holistic performance and obtain recommendation as and when the direct business need to react.
Work with cross functional business units Inc. Brand, Supply Chain and Finance teams to obtain consensus and alignment on Direct business sales and campaign |account plan with senior stakeholders. Act as centralised point of contact for inbound finance and supply chain management risk/ opportunity and partner with these teams and channel owners to find the best solutions which enhance commercial outcomes.
Incorporate both Direct Digital and Direct Physical requirements into plans to drive holistic view of business.
Manage delivery and communication of monthly Internal Business Planning process working with key stakeholders.
2. Achieve the highest standards of execution for the Dyson Direct and brand across all channels
Work with channel leads and cross functional teams as applicable to project manage activities to ensure timely activation vs account plans. Ensuring that they are continuously delivered to a high standard.
Maximize shopper and consumer understanding through category management and work with channel lead to support optimisation.
Provide the field and channels with the necessary tools to guarantee high levels of execution.
3. Monitoring & Feedback
Track holistic direct performance Key performance indicators daily, weekly and monthly against budget and communicate regularly to senior stakeholders, channel leads and wider business teams as applicable.
Working with appropriate channel owners, regularly use channel data & feedback to support account plan improvement and learnings for all channels.
Manage delivery and communication of end of month performance landing process working with key stakeholders.
Represent the Direct team at key company performance sessions Inc. quarterly business review etc.
Creation of both Direct Digital view and incorporation of Direct Physical to create a holistic view of Dyson Direct.
6. Deliver a high quality of work and contributions to the direct team, whilst providing day to day guidance and development of direct reports (As Applicable)
Lead through example and demonstrate leadership in all team meetings
7. Fulfil other duties as required
Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
Fix things that you can see need fixing
Identify problems and find solutions.
· Good analytical and interpretation skills to drive action from insight and tell simple stories using the numbers and analysis via PowerPoint.
· Demonstrable project management and collaboration skills to obtain the best results and / or problem solve
· English / business level
· Japanese / business level
· Self-starter with lots of initiative
· Good communication skills, both written & verbal
· Strong attention to detail and process oriented
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders & secure buy-in
· Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Ability to adjust to the diversity
· Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Strong independent decision-making, organization, planning and problem-solving skills
· 4+ years channel account management as an Omni channel account management experience for a high profile brand, including Web & Market Places (e.g. Rakuten, Amazon, Yahoo)
· Passionate about ecommerce and digital
· Highly retail and ecommerce literate
· Proven delivery of sales targets
· Worked with and contributed to a high performing sales team
· Has been exposed to senior level account negotiations
· Evidence of Budget control and forecasting across multiple product lines
· Level of financial acumen and commercial awareness
· Strategic planning capability
· High level of communication skills: verbal, written and presentations (PPT)
· Excellent relationship builder
· Analytical skills
· Influencing and negotiation skills
· Excellent personal and business presentation skills
· Strong team player capable of motivating diverse teams
· Financial acumen
· Competent people manager
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.