- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Toronto - Canada
This individual will own the direct P&L for Canada and will be expected to significantly re-shape the percentage of the market’s total revenue coming from direct channels. To be successful this individual must provide powerful leadership and cross-functional influence. They will manage a team of direct reports and will also work closely with a wide cross-functional team responsible for delivering the direct strategy through their functional teams. Achievement of the direct agenda will be largely dependent on this individual collaborating closely with all functions within both the market and Americas region.
This individual will need to be comfortable with the ambiguity they will face whilst establishing the positioning, ways of working and on-going rhythm of the role. They must be able to clarify the agenda and establish the framework that they and their team will operate in.
About the roleSet the vision for Dyson Canada direct sales through both existing and new channels
- Build an understanding of the long-term strategy of the Canadian business and define and drive a 5-year direct strategy.
- Be a visible and inspiring leader, championing to bring the direct strategy to life and building and maintaining momentum behind it.
- Define the long term strategy to build a sustainable direct business, based on local market dynamics and Dyson global principles.
- Create and galvanise people behind clear strategic plans that fully capitalize on direct opportunities while growing overall market profitability long-term and protecting the Dyson brand.
- Work collaboratively with relevant teams to ensure that the organization is equipped with the right infrastructure (people, processes and systems) to deliver annual direct sales volumes through existing and new channels.
- Deliver monthly sales volumes as forecasted and communicate variances and implement strategies to course-correct.
- Own the direct business P&L and drive the business to relevant target(s), including overall performance and planned sales volumes (annual, monthly, etc).
- Drive first class execution of direct strategies and activities across the wide range of customer touch points – both digital and physical:
- Lead and influence cross-functionally to ensure collaborative delivery of direct strategy, working particularly closely with:
- Set a clear direction helping teams and individuals understand the roles they play in the wider strategy.
- Bring a single-minded focus to strive for seamless, advocacy-creating direct customer experiences; Ensure customer journeys across direct channels make sense and always deliver.
- Review resource and capability requirements in direct and cross functional teams.
- Drive continuous review and development of capabilities required to continue the expansion of direct and deliver long term growth.
- Actively engage with the regional and global Direct leadership team; share own market findings, explore new ideas, and borrow inspiration from other markets and industries.
- Build on current direct activity across the business and build a network through which to share best practice.
- 10+ years of strong e-commerce and digital marketing experience: Website optimization (online shopping journey, optimizing content); Search and display; eCRM / email / database acquisition strategies; Affiliate management (eBay, other digital retailers)
- Experience leading in a commercial sales and marketing environment, with a blend of e-commerce and traditional retail experience
- Proven delivery of sales results with a premium brand
- Evidence of budget control and financial expertise
- Deep understanding of customer experience and behaviours
- Can credibly understand and lead retail infrastructure, e.g. logistics, warehousing, property portfolio management, supporting IT platforms, etc.
- Demonstrated strategic and business planning capability
- Evidence of success in complex, matrix and entrepreneurial environments is key
- Excellent influencer with the ability to inspire, align and engage multiple teams without exercising direct authority
- Strong leader capable of developing a vision, drawing on multi-disciplinary perspectives, obtaining buy-in across the business, and driving collaborative execution
- Excellent ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization, locally and globally
- Energized by thinking differently, delivering change, and diplomatically challenging the norm
- Successful experience working across the spectrum of strategic to executional, and comfortable with hands-on delivery
- Comfortable with ambiguity but able to build structure and clarity
- Self-starter who sees things through to completion
- Uncompromising ethics and integrity
BenefitsDyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.