- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Claims and Insights, Finance
- Chicago, IL, USA
About the roleThe Director of Consumer & Market Insights is responsible for leading a team that utilizes various data sources and research techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of the market, competitor trends to feed into category strategy and consumer perceptions, behaviors and preferences across key touchpoints. Curious by nature and driven to discover impactful insights, this role will deliver thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations to ultimately influence business decisions and maximize business value.
In this role you will provide support and guidance in the go-to-market category and media plans, enabling strategies that capture and speak to our target audiences and make the most efficient use of spend by investing in the areas with the highest growth opportunities for Dyson. In addition, this role fosters collaboration and a cohesive approach between the Market and Global Insights teams, aligning vision and scope across commercial strategies and projects.
Lead the US business to act on insight:
- Be an expert on the US market and foundational consumer and category knowledge
- Actively communicate relevant research findings to US and Global business functions – ensure accessibility
- Push the business to act on insights in tandem with the US Marketing, Analytics & Sales teams
- Facilitate learnings to empower US Exec to make informed decisions and ensure that budgeting and planning assumptions are grounded in relevance and fact
Set strategy for annual learning plan and develop best practices across the Americas Region:
- Plan, compile and execute a research schedule that enables growth and business plan development
- Execute annual research plan, push best practice, and communicate results to all interested parties
- Develop and oversee annual budget, ensuring prioritization and alignment across functions of proposed projects
- Foster Insights relationship and lead initiatives across US, Canada and Mexico
- Responsible for setting the direction of Insights for the Americas and ensuring that strategies on research and support are cohesive and fit the needs of each market.
Support Category & Media strategies with an in-depth understanding of the market and consumer:
- In partnership with commercial teams, develop research and strategies to drive growth of key products and categories
- Category positioning; including targeting, equity and positioning
- Support new category expansion strategy
- Oversee major measurement programs; hold partners accountable and ensure adoption and integration in everyday decision making
Support strategic initiatives for the US business:
- Influence the annual planning and strategy process with a consumer-led approach
- Provide cross-functional Insights support on transformational initiatives particularly for the Sales & Direct teams
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 10+ years’ experience in consumer insights/market research
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Excellent storytelling skills demonstrated through strong public speaking and writing capabilities
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Strong communication skills to influence management and senior leaders to make decisions with a consumer-led mindset
- Demonstrated analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and inspiring highly productive teams
- Passion for understanding consumer behaviors to influence business decisions
- Ability to translate insights from disparate data sources and articulate opportunities, risks, efficiencies and recommendations for Dyson to Senior leaders
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time, in accordance with local, state and company health and safety recommendations
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.