- Singapore - Singapore
The [Document Production Specialist] role will form part of Dyson Legal’s [Legal Admin team] providing support to the legal practitioners in South East Asia and the UK.
The ideal candidate will have previous legal secretarial experience, with a focus on document support and production, a strong commitment to customer service and client satisfaction, and enjoy a team-based approach to the work day.
The role requires the ability to perform independently and the flexibility to adapt to any situation. The individual must have the ability to organise and expedite work whilst maintaining a professional demeanour. Working as part of a team the role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to balance, manage and prioritise work across the department while ensuring stakeholders are kept aware of progress and challenges as appropriate.
- Answer and respond to all incoming requests in a prompt and effective manner.
- Create, format, revise, produce and print complex legal documents according to specific jurisdictional and client requirements (e.g. contracts in Word, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, charts, diagrams, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) that require advanced skills.
- Format/create Tables of Authorities, Tables of Contents, paragraph numbering, styles, cross-references, footnotes, tables, diagrams, etc.
- Create and amend correspondence, reports, memoranda and other legal and non-legal documents from written instructions, handwritten mark-ups and dictation accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Create tables, flowcharts and presentations to a high standard, offering advice when necessary.
- Proof read, spell check, and/or cross-check complex contracts and other documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Strip and reformat documents and troubleshoot problem documents using extensive knowledge to find solutions.
- Ensure house style is adhered to and promoted on all Dyson Legal documents.
- Perform administrative tasks such as uploading documents to SharePoint or other repositories, photocopying, preparing correspondence, setting up file folders, scheduling conference calls and meetings.
- Support legal practitioners by providing internal clients with basic advice on internal processes.
- Other administrative duties as determined by the needs of the department.
At least 3 years’ experience in a document production environment (preferably at a legal department or law firm) and/or as a legal secretary.
Advanced Word/Office skills are essential for this role as is the ability to produce, format and work with complex and lengthy documents and agreements.
- Ability to work as part of a team, juggle various assignments, and produce accurate documents in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task for efficient and effective work production. Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Pro-active, positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and proofreading.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Comfortable working with people of all levels of seniority.