- Automotive, Motors and Power Systems
- United Kingdom
Reporting to the Powertrain Integration and Validation Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of powertrain testbeds for prototype motor, inverter and gearbox.
• Operate powertrain testbeds to carry out pre-defined tests.
• Carry out day-to-day maintenance tasks to keep powertrain testbeds operational (e.g. calibration, minor fault fixing with test engineers).
• Hands-on swap over of powertrain components on testbeds including mechanical and electrical connections.
• Liaise with prototype build teams to coordinate UUT movements on and off testbeds.
• Liaise with powertrain engineers on test scheduling.
• HND in Engineering (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent is beneficial but not essential)
• Experience of test bed operation essential
• Experience of AVL PUMA, Cameo, Indicom, ETAS INCA, ATI Vision programs preferred
• Competent with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) for simple reporting and recording
• Strong team working skills, to work with testbed engineers and powertrain engineers
• Ability to perform methodical problem solving
• Electric vehicle powertrain test experience is beneficial but not essential
• Automotive high voltage experience is beneficial but not essential
• Knowledge of Total Preventative Maintenance is beneficial but not essential
• Fabrication, machining and welding experience is beneficial but not essential
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach, and work with a can-do attitude