- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
The role holder is responsible for providing competent EHS advice, support and assistance, across Dyson’s US & Canada locations. This role will also be responsible for operational EHS support within our Retail and Service Center locations.The role holder will also contribute to and implement the Global EHS strategy within this area of responsibility, and wider (as required).
- Be the subject matter expert / primary point of contact, for all operational EHS management enquiries, advice, support, training, coaching and incidents. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams.
- Ensure EHS considerations are established throughout the selection and use of third party contractors, including supporting Capital Project works.
- Implement environmental initiatives.
- Provide EHS support to insurance claims.
- Control of hazardous substances, Electrical Safety, Management of Asbestos, Compliance/Inspection Inspections, Return to work assessments, Personal Evacuation Emergency Plans, Workstation Assessments, Fire Safety Management, Provision of First Aid, Awareness training, Lighting operations, Manual Handling, New & Expectant mothers, General site safety (in particular the interaction between vehicles and pedestrians), Working at height, Work experience/young people, Inductions, permit to work, Energy storage, Laboratories and workshops, Occupational Health & Hygiene, Local exhaust systems, Use of Work Equipment.
- Deliver and implement a comprehensive EHS Gap Analysis and improvement plan (With a particular focus on ensuring a robust EHS Risk Management process is in place).
- Contribute, manage and maintain (but not limited to): the Global EHS Management System, Global Incident Reporting System, the ENHESA legislation tool, LMS, Global EHS Sharepoint site.
- Contribute to and implement the Global EHS Internal assurance program.
- Partner with internal and external auditors/inspectors to ensure that support is provided to facilitate the close out of EHS actions.
- Support through partnering, the capital project process to ensure that EHS matters are identified and considered at an early stage in the project. Ensuring operational EHS requirements are in place for all workplace projects.
- Ensure workers compensation claims are continually reduced.
- Liaise with Human Resources advisors on Occupational Health issues and advising on referrals.
- Develop and deliver innovative and engaging EHS training.
- Establish a Workplace EHS committee ensuring communication of best practice and worker engagement.
- Monitor all related EHS incidents. Provide assistance and support to managers and where necessary personally investigate serious EHS incidents to identify underlying causes; recording findings and recommendations.
- Build and manage relationships with external regulators.\
- Support the development and implementation with the following parts of the global management system: *EHS objectives, targets, policies, processes, procedures or standards; *Leading and logging measurements on EHS performance, providing insight from data and measuring performance against industry best practice. Provide internal and external reporting; *EHS business cases, papers and technical analysis in support of governance requirements; *Internal and external gap analysis and targeted proactive monitoring in the pursuance of attaining and maintaining EHS legal compliance / best practice.
- Undertake any other role related task as outlined by the Global EHS Director.
- Whilst ensuring Dyson maintains legal compliance and works towards best practice, the role holder will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and maintain a proactive can do attitude, and works towards the success of the whole Dyson team and not just the functional area.
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for EHS management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience; preferably within a fast paced, and evolving workplace.
- Understanding of H&S legal frameworks in within US&C and have the ability and resourcefulness to determine the practical application of the requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with enforcement officers.
- Spanish speaking is desirable.
- Educated to degree level.
- A recognized EHS qualification (At least level 5, preferably level 6).
- Certified Safety Professional (BCSP).
- Demonstrable continuing professional development (CPD).
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both internally and externally.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.