- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Employee Relations Advisor plays an important role in coordinating and assisting the ongoing development of employee relations (ER) processes, information, projects and capability across the organisation. Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations, you will provide subject matter expertise, tracking and coordination for ER matters in the organisation.
- Be the first port of call for the global HR team in providing support, guidance and oversight on all ER cases, queries and issues, such as disciplinary, grievance, absence, performance etc. Direct case handling of high-profile or sensitive cases, where necessary escalating to the Head of Employee Relations.
- Working with the global HR team to proactively collect and collate ER information, documentation and data, ensuring compliance with local legislation and support with the accurate and timely development and reporting of ER data.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of a global virtual ER network across the HR markets and functions.
- Support knowledge sharing and consistency for HR colleagues involved in ER activities, including maintaining and updating ER guideline and process documents.
- Support the Head of Employee Relations with the review and improvement of ER practices and processes with a view to developing and maintaining positive working relationships between the organisation, managers and employees.
- Assist with the identification of relevant new people policies and driving forward ER initiatives, including the development and delivery of training interventions.
- Proactively track and monitor redundancy exits across the organisation.
- Assist with organisational change programmes to ensure relevant processes are handled effectively, with integrity, and with minimal disruption for those involved.
- Assist the Head of Employee Relations as necessary with liaising with the Employment Law team in relation to more complex / high-risk cases.
- Build productive and effective relationships across the global HR team.
- Working with Employment Legal and HR Operations teams to mitigate risks and ensure compliance associated with ER processes and documentation in global markets.
- Contribute to progress of the overall people agenda and relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that support the function.
- Assist the Head of Employee Relations with ad hoc, reactive projects with potential ER implications.
- Be an advocate for ER, helping to educate the wider team on the goals and priorities of the function.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of developments in Employee Relations law and best practice, and support with the dissemination of that information to the business, as appropriate.
- Relevant qualifications and / or specialisation in employment law and/or HR
- Good practical experience related to Employee Relations
- Ideally, experience advising in international environments
- Resourceful and proactive. Able to work independently and know which issues require escalation and collaboration.
- Credible and professional with senior stakeholders, with sustained positive impact.
- Data-literate, with a good interest in questioning, manipulating and analysing information.
- Open, practical and pragmatic. Able to balance a high volume of conflicting priorities.
- Good relationship builder - can work effectively across boundaries and networks.
- Great delivery management: happy to get stuck into the detail day-to-day, whilst still displaying an ability and interest in collaboration to developing strategies and new approaches.
- Results driven. Resilient, tenacious and determined to get things done in the face of ambiguity and even opposition.
- Experience in creating and designing policies, procedures, processes.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as a commitment to equal opportunity.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.