- Information Technology
- United Kingdom
The End User Services Team delivers world class Service Desk and End User Computing Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 11,500 users), they act to ensure that ITIL aligned governance and standards are adhered to across all aspects of IT globally. We are currently recruiting for an EUC Architect who will have ownership of all End User Computing Solutions.
- You will work alongside our strategic End User Computing Partner to own and define end user computing road maps
- You will ensure delivery is met inline with time scales.
- You will review the EUC technical designs and recommendations from our EUC partner as well as create EUC technical designs.
- Support the EUC Manager to ensure that Dyson’s EUC offering remains fit for purpose.
- Support stakeholders in ensuring EUC Services are delivered in line with expectations.
- Participation in Dyson’s technical design authority
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and deliver plans for EUC services that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction;
- You will do this by improving stability, quality and cost awareness
- You will help define, implement and communicate a global end user computing strategy for Dyson
- Ensure that all the designs are created within policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI etc.
- Strong Architecture experience of Office/Microsoft 365
- Strong Architecture experience of one or more MDM platforms
- Proven background in supporting user mobility
- Solid working knowledge in the following areas: Network Design (LAN), Desktop build systems, MDM, File & Print, Video Conferencing systems, Microsoft Azure & 365, Collaboration platforms, AV and Anti-Malware.
- Experience with the following desktop operating systems: Windows, macOS, Linux. • Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity. • Advanced problem-solving experience involving identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making. • Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and director level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods. • Strong research skills. • A professional who can provide examples of transforming end user computing services within a global company • A natural problem solver • Ability to set and effectively communicate end user computing strategies, roadmaps, policies and processes
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines