- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Dyson Institute and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Domain Architect (e.g. Apple, Unified Communications etc), you will be responsible for the end to end technical delivery of Digital Workplace project and programmes. Working alongside a project manager and delivery team you will be responsible for ensuring that the enhancement/project/programme is delivered to a high technical standard and in line with your Architect’s roadmap and high level design.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical specialist expertise in all Digital Workplace deliveries for your domain of expertise (Apple, Unified Communications, End User Computing)
- Gathering and/or reviewing technical project requirements
- Creating and/or reviewing low level technical designs
- Validating that technical designs are fit for purpose
- Develop coding and development standards ensuring solutions are suitably assured and of high quality
- Performing technical implementations where required
- Supporting the technical development and delivery of project/programmes/enhancements
- Validating third party delivery partner test plan and results
- Performing technical test validation of functional and non functional requirements
- Supporting UAT testing
- Validating and/or creating implementation and regression plans
- Supporting and/or performing post go live testing
- Supporting the service introduction, release and change management processes to ensure that technical deliveries are well planned and executed into operations.
- Identify improvement opportunities for future technical deliveries
- Provide input and support to your Domain Architect of future domain roadmaps
- Potential extensive global travel to support effective technical project delivery
- Identify, own and manage risks and issues relating to the technical project delivery, ensuring that mitigating actions are agreed and executed.
- Stay abreast of trends in your domain of expertise including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on your domains technical delivery at Dyson
- Build knowledge, capacity and capability within teams, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proactively drive innovation, with new ideas and options made available by new technology and process.
- Task management of technical delivery teams
- Ensure that you and third party delivery teams are working within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security standards etc
- Ensure technical compliance to technical design authorities and architectural principles and roadmaps.
About youTechnical ExperienceMandatory
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Expert level knowledge of Windows 7 Enterprise and onwards
- Good knowledge of Office Pro Plus
- Good knowledge of Office 365 including Exchange online, Teams, Sharepoint, Yammer, OneDrive etc.
- Good knowledge of Office 365/Azure & on-premise integration tools
- Understanding of Microsoft certificate services
- SCCM / Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Understanding of Auto Pilot and modern OS/Application servicing technologies
- Traditional group policy and modern intune based App / Device policies
- Familiarity with Networking concepts such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP, LAN and Wi-Fi, DNS, Proxy, VLAN and Firewall configurations
- Experience with the Command Line and Scripting (Batch and Powershell)
- Knowledge of HP and DELL hardware
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Knowledge of Security technologies like AV, AM, EDR, SSO and MFA
- Azure IaaS Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Information Protection
- Microsoft DLP
- Microsoft Conditional Access
- F5 / Microsoft Always-on VPN solutions
- Microsoft Defender ATP for Endpoints and Identity
- Windows Server
- Microsoft power platform
- You will have at least 3 years experience as a domain expert in an Architect, Technical or Support specialist role (or similar) for a similar sized organisation
- Understanding of project and service management frameworks e.g. Prince, Agile, ITIL
- Proven experiencing of providing global technical delivery for your domain
- Domain qualifications
- Experience of working with internal and external project and operational support teams
- High level of analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Quality focused and highly flexible
- Thinks ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete the task in hand and support project go lives and hypercare timelines
- Retirement: 3% company contribution
- Life assurance: 12 months’ salary
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: 12 months’ salary
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness account: gym membership, additional health services, movie tickets
- Annual leave: 20 days for less than 10 years’ service, more than 10 years’ service is 26 days
- Product discount 3 x 40%
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.