- London - United Kingdom
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Editorial Communications Manager.
- Dyson has lots of stories to tell, this role brings them to life through a programme of compelling editorial content using the written word, film and other creative forms.
- The focus is on quality storytelling. By developing a programme of highly readable features covering all facets of Dyson, you will engage various audiences – both internal and external – with interesting and authentic stories. Explaining who we are, what we are interested in, and what we are all about.
- You will own the editorial calendar and take charge of the writing process and all editorial duties across several channels. The role is platform agnostic, but is primarily concerned with creating content for our Intranet, Our Media Portal, Social Media Channels and our quarterly journal ‘ON’.
- You’ll play a key role in creating a streamlined process, setting and meeting editorial deadlines and ensuring our content commands attention – whether it’s a feature on Dyson’s digital motors, an update on our financial results or an interview to recognise one of our people.
- You will write and commission compelling editorial with a regular cadence, to create a documentary record of the evolution of Dyson, moving our story on in the process, helping people understand our philosophy and approach. The focus includes, but is not limited to:
- Your eye for detail will ensure everything is perfect for publication.
- You will need to quickly develop a wide network across Dyson to surface and understand stories, while understanding our communications approach – what we talk about and what we don’t.
- You will also build and own a Dyson internal style guide and tone of voice, working with our commercial creative copy team.
- You will lead a small but agile team of writers and community managers to ensure our content commands attention and work with our global network of communications people to keep track of conversations happening around the business.
- Comfortable with multiple deadlines and business pressures, you’ll be able to multi-task, challenge and motivate the team and be comfortable making bold decisions.
- You will manage a budget.
- You will need to be highly organised and fearless, with experience as an editor on a national or in-house publication.
- Senior experience at a national or in-house publication
- Excellent journalistic skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency in using in-design and familiar with both powerpoint and the Apple suite of software
- Previous experience using a content/ digital asset management system
- Previous experience of devising and managing a tone and style guide
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines