- Electronics, Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleWe push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset anddifferent thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
This role's purpose is to support early product development of new Dyson products with a focus on assemblies containing a high level of electrical integration.
- CAD based design of complex electrical product assemblies
- Owner of product level assembly requirements e.g. PCB cooling, airflow restriction
- Develop innovative solutions to PCB integration and looming.
- Work directly with the electronics research team to spec out PCB board shapes and component specifications.
- Develop early concept proof of principle rigs to demonstrate core functionality.
- Assembly level performance testing e.g. thermals, airflow restriction, feedback control.
- Knowledge and experience of PCB design and integration challenges
- Understand PCB constrains and design options.
- Manage PCB integrated assemblies
- PCB coatings and design thermal management systems
- Knowledge of sensors and how to select the best solution
- Enclosure design
- EMC and compliance knowledge
- User safety considerations, creepage and clearance.
- Looming and alternative connection technologies
- Background electronics system knowledge
- Product level CAD & drawings
- Prototyping and hands on build
- Degree in Electronic, Mechatronics or Mechanical engineering with 2 years experience in engineering or higher education (PhD)
- Prototype PCB design
- Arduino systems and programming
- Python language experience
- Manufacturing experience
- The ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information across the business (technical and non-technical) is essential for the successful applicant.
- You will be a highly driven individual who strives for accuracy & quality in work delivered.
- You will be able to solve problems in a logical way, pre-empt future problems and seizing opportunities without waiting to be told.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- Build technical relationships with research and cross teams
- Self starter – able to take a problem and run with it
- Challenge conventional approaches – always look for alternative solutions which are better and more efficient.
- Creative approach - Problem solver
- Good cross team working (research electronics team & downstream manufacturing specifically)
Benefits27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays Pension scheme Performance related bonus Private medical insurance Life assurance Sport centre Free on-site parking Subsidised café and restaurants Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.