- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electronics Project Manager to work with us in Malaysia. The role will be based in Dyson’s Malaysia Development Centre.
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
- This is a project manager position in Electronics Sustaining projects management team. The main responsibilities are as following:
- Manage Electronics Sustaining projects (or sustaining requests)
- Work together with Sustaining programme manager to review all sustaining requests (tickets) raised by Dyson internal requestors
- Follow the priority of the ticket to facilitate impact analysis with cross function teams, such as HW, SW, testing, compliance, quality, mechanical engineering
- Define execution plan for each of the tickets once the cross-function resource teams are committed
- Follow the plan to manage project team to deliver result from start-to-end
- Ensures deadlines are met by effectively planning, organizing, prioritizing, and optimizing resources and processes
- Escalate issue in timely manner to Programme manager if the issue is not manageable by the team
- Conducts regular project status review meetings and issue weekly reports
Manage Electronics Sustaining workflow
- Act as governor and ambassador of the Electronics Sustaining process, educate sustaining requestor to raise requests through the defined portal
- Monitor the Sustaining workflow and propose improvement if gap is identified
- Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on project status, progress, and/or concerns for each assignment
- Involve subject matter expert in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk mitigations
- Responsible for clear communication of project status, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to key stakeholders
- Answer stakeholders’ enquiries on project status clearly, accurately and timely
- Electronics degree with experience in product design and qualification
- Experience in project management
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Understand electronics product manufacturing process is a plus
- Willing to work in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.