- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The electronics Advanced technician is responsible for a wide variety of electronics assembly and test tasks to support current and future Dyson products. The technician will be responsible for managing and completing their tasks whilst working with the appropriate electronics engineers to validate and improve assembly or test.
• Read and understand mechanical and electronic schematics & assembly drawings.
• Assembly of prototype PCB boards using both through hole and SMD components from a BOM & from specification.
• Ability to build prototype wire harnesses and fit them to test rigs and products.
• Experience of equipment, tools and methods used to build low volume wire harnesses
• Be able to design and build basic electronic circuits.
• Build small test rigs for Testing and evaluating electronic designs.
• Place component orders for prototype assembly.
• Work within the Electronics group advising and supporting others.
• Ensuring the laboratories are correctly stocked and maintained (including equipment) to enable testing & prototyping.
• Recording and analysis of test results to present to senior colleagues.
• Maintain a tidy and safe work place.
• Practical experience of building test rigs and carrying out tests commission
• Soldering experience & PCB assembly
• Programming ICs (integrated circuits)
• Knowledge of test rig automation scripting - Labview, python would be desirable but not mandatory
• Previous experience of working in a lab environment
• A relevant HND / OND qualification would be desirable
• Experience of executing test plans to an exact standard, spotting anomalies and reporting back to relevant engineers.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines