- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Following years of investment in robotics research and development, Dyson have built up a world class robotics design capability. Rigorous testing is key to our success. Dyson are looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about robotics to lead the development of world class robotic testing. Some of our testing involves running our autonomous robots within a lab with state-of-the-art motion tracking systems. Other tests require the development of complex hardware-in-the-loop simulators where we can create novel test scenarios.
You will have a good understanding of how software and hardware work together at different levels in robotic systems. You will need to understand how to test machine vision, navigation, sensors, motion and the emergent behaviours that occur when these systems interact with the physical world and us. You will be able to lead a team developing unique and complex automated test systems for robotics. You will influence robotics test capability and processes across the global business.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to know what makes a good robot, then why not join us at Dyson and help us create a great one?
The UK verification team provides test support to robotics and other categories in RDD through
- Development verification support
- Test coordination
- HIL system verification
- Validation support
- Organised home trials
- Take responsibility for system verification for robotics.
- Take responsibility for the robotics test capability
- Lead a team of engineers.
- Ensure the right test equipment, tools and infrastructure are in place for the robotics test team
- Collaborate with engineers and managers globally to ensure efficient global test coverage
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of test processes
- Experience testing complex systems
- An understanding of emergent behaviours in systems and how to measure them
- Line management experience
- Labview competence, preferably to CLD level.
- Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
- Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Proven, structured approach to engineering verification, test procedures and equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent an Engineering discipline. Electronics, Electrical or Systems preferred.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines