- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Bristol - United Kingdom
The Connectivity Proposition Team is responsible for ensuring the next generation of connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined in readiness to transition to the team responsible for delivering our IoT solutions. This includes ensuring we investigate and utilise the right technologies, techniques, services and security. Core to this is exploring the proposition and technology by developing proof of concept integrations and systems.
You will be working in a global, multi-disciplinary team including mobile and cloud Developers, app and product UX/UI designers and electronics and mechanical engineers. You will often be collaborating with experts from different areas of RDD (Research, Design & Development), designing how connectivity is woven deeply into our products. You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem-solving skills. It is essential to be knowledgeable about the latest trends in connectivity and mobile technology and comfortable with rapidly picking up new technologies. A thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision is absolutely essential. You should be comfortable with rapid prototyping of electronic hardware, investigating and evaluating new and emerging technologies, protocols and digital platforms. You should be able to produce clear and concise reports and presentations communicating your research and demonstrating your solutions.
- Excellent programming skills with C / C++ experience, preferably on embedded platforms.
- Flexible and dynamic approach to development, with the ability to adopt new concepts, languages and techniques quickly and then convey the benefits to others.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Understanding of embedded systems design and integration.
- Embedded experience working with different microcontrollers and platforms (e.g. ARM, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Linux and RTOS environments).
- Good software and rapid prototyping experience.
- Knowledge of IoT protocols (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth
Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, MQTT etc).
- Electronic circuit design experience.
- Track record of working with 3rd parties to explore technology.
- Proven track record of developing robust requirements specifications.
- Experience of FPGA design (VHDL or Verilog).
- Experience of Software Defined Radio.
- Experience of mathematical/modelling software such as MATLAB, R or Octave.
- Experience with board ‘bring-up’.
- Experience of developing proof-of-concept embedded prototypes to an accelerated timescale.
- Experience of integrating solutions with cloud and web services for data interchange and synchronisation.
- Experience of connectivity technologies, including Wi-Fi, BLE and cellular.
- Experience of developing systems that use messaging services to communicate.
- A strong understanding of/ability to define and prototype the hardware solutions that will benefit most from connectivity.
- Programming for resource constrained devices.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines