- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson began twenty-one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it is also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille and that can be controlled remotely from your phone.
There are over 4,000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, question convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
- Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based
- Involve/Steer product/system requirement document review and evaluation, feasibility study and proof of concept
- Involve/Steer software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical issues across projects/matrix structure
- Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level)
- Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function
- Bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent
- Software development experience in requirement evaluation, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA
- Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems)
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage
- Candidates with the following
experience are advantageous:
- Bluetooth Low Energy protocols, including BLE 5.0
- Ability to identify issues arising from the interoperability of wireless protocols such as BLE, Bluetooth classic and TWS
- Experience of how to tune BLE / Bluetooth classic product behaviour to achieve product interoperability and high data throughput across a range of Dyson products
- Exposure to one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), NFC, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT, Apple homekit
- Knowledge of software security, LabVIEW, Linux-based embedded system
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
- and reliable, able to work with others within a scrum team, to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.