- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
If you own a Dyson product, then it contains embedded software developed by our team. Embedded software lies at the heart of many of Dyson’s products. The global scrum team’s work within the scaled agile framework, supporting Dyson engineers from concept to manufacturing in a dynamic engineering environment, using platforming techniques to develop connected products and graphical interfaces that change how our customers interact with our products. Constantly inspecting and adapting, the embedded software team is expanding and looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated C/C++ software engineers to join our team.
About the role
- Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based.
- Involve/Lead software safety plan, safety case, guidelines, templates and conduct confirmation review for safety critical software components.
- Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of software safety concept.
- Involve/Lead software architecture according to safety classification and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
- Identify and manage risks allocated to software.
- Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level).
- Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environnement setup.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA.
- Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
- Experience in safety critical software architecture development and life cycle processes, including quality management system, risk management, software safety classification.
- Experience in technical standards for the safety and essential performance of electrical equipment.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
- Independent and reliable, able to work with others within a scrum team, to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in oversighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.