- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Employee Relations Lead plays an important role in shaping and driving the ongoing development of employee relations (ER) capability across the organisation. Reporting to the HR Director – Global Functions and Commercial, you will provide subject matter expertise, oversight and coordination for ER matters in the organisation.
- Define and implement a global strategy, framework and plan for developing the ER capability across the People function and wider organisation.
- Work closely with the Employment Law CoE and HR community to shape and embed consistent, global, common policies, procedures and criteria in Employee Relations, according to legal frameworks and the global HR people strategy, ensuring these are aligned with the priorities and challenges of the organisation.
- Ensure all ER cases and related information are recorded, tracked, and documented; support the development and ongoing use of relevant case management system / solution.
- Proactively analyse ER information to identify recurring trends and themes and derive insights that help shape relevant programmes and interventions e.g. shape training, knowledge building, policy updates etc.
- Continually review and improve ER practices and processes to resolve potential long-term problems across the organisation; champion people practices which develop and maintain positive working relationships between the organisation and its people.
- Take a lead role in the creation of relevant new people policies and driving forward ER initiatives, including the development and delivery of training interventions.
- Develop and embed the governance, oversight and guidance approach to manage ER risks, and support knowledge sharing and consistency for HR colleagues involved in ER activities, including maintaining precedent documents.
- Proactively track and monitor redundancy exits across the organisation.
- Advise on, plan, and support organisational change programmes, working closely with HR and Employment Law colleagues to ensure relevant processes are handled effectively, with integrity, and with minimal disruption for those involved.
- Act as a subject matter expert and initial point of escalation for HR colleagues handling employee relations cases such as disciplinary, grievance, absence, performance etc., providing appropriate and timely guidance and advice.
- Liaise with the Employment Law team in relation to more complex / high-risk cases and support with the management of any employment tribunal claims.
- Build productive and effective relationships across the global HR team and establish a virtual network / team of ER specialists across functions and geographies.
- Provide leadership and ongoing development for the virtual network / team of ER specialists across the global team, ensuring a common sense of purpose and community.
- Contribute to progress of the overall people agenda and relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that support the function.
- Maintaining up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in Employee Relations law and best practice, and support with the dissemination of that information to the business, as appropriate.
- Relevant qualifications and / or specialisation in employment law and/or HR
- Extensive practical experience related to Employee Relations
- Experience advising in international employment law and in international environments
- Highly credible and professional with senior stakeholders, with immediate positive impact. Intellectually agile, quick thinking and articulate
- Strategic HR thinking: has clear business acumen and passion and is able to develop and articulate an ER agenda that’ll drive positive outcomes
- Open, practical and pragmatic. Able to balance a high volume of conflicting priorities and works with energy and pace.
- Great relationship builder - connects effectively across a range of senior professional leaders and personalities. Can works effectively across boundaries and networks.
- Great delivery management: happy to get stuck into the detail, creates energy and mobilises others (with and without direct line authority) to deliver against goals and projects, ensuring work is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Results driven. Resilient, tenacious and determined to get things done in the face of ambiguity and even opposition; and inspires others to do the same.
- Experience in creating and designing policies, procedures, policies
- Experience of matrixed and cross-functional management
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, negotiation, influencing and conflict mediation skills and ability to apply these across a range of diverse audiences
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as a commitment to equal opportunity.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.