- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
Our Americas Legal team seeks a Paralegal with strong litigation and internal investigation experience to support the Legal team and broader business functions. This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and contribute as part of a dynamic and ambitious in-house legal team. As an Employment Paralegal, you will report to the Senior Employment Counsel-Americas and partner regularly with other Legal Team members to deliver advice and assistance to a variety of departments, with a focus on Human Resources.
This Employment Paralegal position will be dedicated to providing day-to-day support on a number of litigation and employment matters and general project advancement. This position will afford invaluable experience and exposure to an array of legal issues and the opportunity to develop professionally within a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Under the direction of the Senior Employment Counsel, serve as a liaison between internal business clients and external outside counsel on a variety of strategic projects and assignments;
- Own and drive projects through to completion – collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution;
- Conduct research as needed on a variety of legal and non-legal issues, including employment laws and litigation practices;
- Assist in executing trainings and presentations on relevant legal updates;
- Coordinate support for employment lawsuits and internal investigations;
- Assist outside counsel and Legal team with any support needed to file responsive pleadings or prepare for presentations; and
- Oversee document collection and general discovery for litigation and other legal matters.
- Bachelor’s degree, or paralegal certificate required;
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a paralegal in corporate legal department or related legal support role preferred;
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required;
- SharePoint and Relativity proficiency preferred;
- Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality;
- Proactive and able to anticipate needs based on changing circumstances;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality;
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment and departments;
- Ability to foresee and react to department needs to help improve its function; and
- Team player – willing to roll up sleeves and drive action to achieve results.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. You will also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life / disability coverage, however financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflect our engineering spirit. Dyson has an exciting team environment geared to fuel and incentivize ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.