- Hullavington - United Kingdom
• Embrace working on novel concepts with fast learning, excellent team work skills and strong communication skills.
• Be responsible for delivering parts and assemblies from concept to manufacture with a strong delivery focus. DFMEA, DFA etc
• Design of parts – liaising closely with the packaging team, design team, interiors and other PMTs to resolve design clashes.
• Preparing data to create a strong case for a design by working from a user experience point of view and combining data from research, testing and Engineering fundamentals.
• Creating and updating technical drawings at part level, assembly level and tolerance stacks.
• Liaising with suppliers with regard to design, DFM, prototyping and timing
• Design & test of prototypes from start to finish aiming to prove out fundamentals – E.g., Design, CAD, 3D printing, sensor & data logging setup, data analysis & presentation of results.
• Min BEng Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of automotive processes (APQP, DFMEAs, DVPs)
• Experience using Siemens NX8.0 CAD software in automotive industry.
• Competency in Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics principles.
• Previous Commodity ownership experience, including release of drawings and specifications to suppliers and managing delivery of components.
• Experience with thermal comfort studies; HVAC optimisation for thermal comfort & test & analysis of thermal comfort.
• Experience in automotive or similar industry.
• An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems.
• Experience of system measurement techniques – airflow, temperature, pressure.
• Experience in writing automotive specifications.
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Pension scheme •Performance related bonus
• Free on-site parking
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental