- United Kingdom
The Pilot Operations Manager will be responsible for recruiting and leading a team of experts to deliver all future pre-production builds. Initially the role will encompass facilitation of a purpose built build facility. The correct candidate will have a proven automotive background, with demonstrable pre-production build experience, an excellent working knowledge of automotive prototyping techniques, and hold a broad understanding of industry engineering processes through to production. This role includes working with the full product team and reporting to senior management.
Accountabilities• Delivery of all Pre-production entities (including partial re-builds) through X, M and VP phases. Including Logistics, Sub-Assembly, Assembly, Commissioning, Shakedown and EOL.
• Implementation of an agile workforce to deliver all future pre-production build phases
• Supporting the detailed definition of all equipment required at a pre-production build phase, interacting with SME’s, Supply-chain, Estates and Architects.
• Engaging with key supply-chain to support a robust nomination of high value equipment orders, and on-time delivery
• Co-management of facility commissioning (daily planning), including opening ceremony. Reporting progress to Snr Management
• Daily Issues Resolution, reporting all operational concerns to Snr management.
• Setting shift-patterns (when applicable), contractor maintenance timing, and shutdown process
• Supporting facility management implementation (maintenance and infrastructure updates)
• Support major programme reviews
• Implementation of a technician apprenticeship scheme within the automotive team
• Offering Mentorship to the team to enable best practice processes implementation
• Lead H&S policy within the workshop environment, ensuring maintenance of guidelines and strict adherence by Pilot team to LOL
Skills• Excellent leadership skills, capable of leading a team of leaders.
• Confident presenter, comfortable reporting to a large team on a regular basis
• Confident leading meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally
• Previous experience in an Automotive operations environment (10+ years preferred)
• Previous experience in facility commissioning
• Previous experience interacting with complex supply-chain on tight time scales
• Previous experience of whole vehicle prototype builds (10+ years preferred)
• Significant knowledge of automotive design, vehicle systems and technology and be familiar with key areas of body, chassis, electrical and powertrain