- Data Science, Product Design
- Calamba - Philippines
After production begins, we expect to continually refine and improve our product and offerings, ensuring that we identify, review and respond to market feedback. Our sustaining team provide the Design Engineering capability and resources to manage, improve, maintain and expand our multi-category portfolio of current production products. Through this approach we maintain and expand our competitive advantage after product launch.
About the role
- Leading of a group of multi-discipline engineers from different geographical sites working across different technical problems and solutions.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing people, and managing performance. Set the goals for the team, including annual goals and objectives, and measure the success.
- Capability to explain technical findings, conclusions and recommendations with scientific data / proof systematically to Directors, Heads of Departments, Design Managers in a clear and concise fashion.
- Setting the goals against Dyson blueprint. Plan, managing, delivering and measure the progress and result against the goals from the team effort and contribution.
- Establish the consistent mechanism and infrastructure of working platform to the team in order to achieve the goal.
- Collaborate with internal team as well as different cross functional departments globally (RDD, Ops, Quality and Commercial), although this role will mainly be based in Philippine.
- Core engineering processes e.g. Requirements Mgmt, Engineering Change Mgmt, Risk & Issue Mgmt, change management, impact analysis, concessions and implementation strategies
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Proven experience in technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams
- Proven experience managing skills from goal setting, plan, managing, delivering measure the progress and result against the goal setting.
- Build and establish the people, processes and infrastructure to support the team.
- Proven experience of problem solving and delivering design solutions that improve upon existing product designs through systematic approach.
- Data Science or Statistical Tools (Design for 6 sigma, Pareto, DOE, etc.)
- Problem Solving Tools (8D, P Diagram, Fishbone, etc.)
- Knowledge in the product cost element, Value Analysis & Value Engineering
- Proven experience in various tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Attract, recruit and retain talent. Manage performance and develop our people.
- Take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the departments work.
- Manage and prioritise our engineering resources to deliver maximum value.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.