- Hullavington - United Kingdom
This role sits within the Interiors team of our automotive function and plays a pivotal role in delivering our vision.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley. A truly great working environment and exciting place to be.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source.
For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2021.
• Ensure robust, innovation engineering design is implemented and integrated through all levels of the product commodity.
• Take ownership for and drive the resolution of issues.
• Manage and monitor engineering deliverables.
• Drive the “engineering design to cost principles” and process.
• Liaise with all stake holders and key interfaces as appropriate at all level of the organisation.
• Generate, collate and monitor budgets relating to piece cost, tooling and ER&D.
• Manage robust change management.
• Manage risk and opportunities.
• Generate risk and issue management at commodity level, Drive identification of risks and issues, record consistently, co – ordinated, risk mitigation, escalate as required.
• Ensure resolution of cross functional issues as required.
• Propose solutions to package issues in the interest of the interior product as a whole.
• Ensure compliance to market regulatory and type approval requirements.
• For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a design direction
• Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required
• Ensure alignment of the Interior package layout to vehicle and system targets and to the PALS attribute plan
• Lead, guide and mentor other members of the integration team as necessary.
• Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
• Sound background relating to interiors safety attributes and target setting.
• A core expertise in at least one area of vehicle engineering ideally interiors.
• Hands on experience of running design activities in NX, CATIA or equivalent design system.
• Proven ability to lead a team of engineers, CAD designers and analysts.
• Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
• Sound knowledge of FMEA, DFM, DFA, PLM, BOMs, releasing, GD&T and APQP.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
• Strong team work and influencing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• Have the vison to deliver from a blank sheet of paper.
• Ability to deliver innovative product solutions.
• Thrives on detail.
• High level of tenacity and drive to deliver in a challenging environment.
• Ability to manage and arbitrate difficult situations across function.
• Experience of complex product launches – Concept to launch.
• Understanding of PPAP process and deliverables.
• Ability to competently present at executive management level.
• Self-starter, motivated and driven to be successful and succeed with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and work with a can-do attitude.
• Ability to meet project timescales.
• Able to work as a team and integrate whilst challenging.
• Ability to resolve issues independently.
• Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.
• Hands on user of Microsoft office, project, Visio, Share point, PLM, NX
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
•Free on-site parking
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental